Bespoke walking holidays in the south of England. YOU CHOOSE WHERE TO STAY AND HOW FAR TO WALK. AT YOUR OWN PACE. IN YOUR OWN TIME.
Welcome to Walking.Holiday
Walking Holidays in the South of England
We specialise in self-guided Walking Holidays in the South of England. We offer the following walks:
- Thames Path National Trail
- Ridgeway National Trail
We have two further walks that we will be adding for 2024. These are the Camino Ingles, and a bespoke walk we have created called the South Chilterns Highlights.
The Camino Ingles is the English leg of the route that pilgrims historically took from Reading Abbey to Santiago de Compostela in Spain. The English leg finishes in Southampton where, traditionally, pilgrims would have embarked on boats to take them to Coruna in northern Spain. The two legs (English and Spanish) are official Caminos and qualify for a Compostela (certificate).
The South Chilterns Highlights is a bespoke 3 day walk that we have created to explore what is possibly one of the most beautiful and unspoilt corners of England. The Chilterns is a predominantly wooded area found between the Thames and the Ridgeway with small villages, chalk hills and deep valleys. It is designated as an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty (AONB). The walk starts in Marlow and ends in Goring. There is an optional 2 day extension taking ending in Henley.
What sets us apart from other walking holiday companies?
- We are local. We know the area and have walked the routes. Which is why we only offer walking holidays in the south of England.
- We remain in contact with you throughout your walk. Usually you will get to meet us some time during your walk
- We do not outsource bag transfers to taxi firms. We move your bags so that we are in touch with both you and the accommodations.
- Although we have some suggested itineraries, you are not confined to any of these. Our longer walks (Thames Path and Ridgeway) use our innovative route planners where you can plan your own route: choose where to stay, how long to walk, and in which direction. We can also create custom itineraries.
Walking.Holiday – walking holidays in the south of England
we're here to make things easier
Booking service and luggage transfer
Walking Holiday can provide accommodation to suit your budget, baggage transfer between accommodation. Our innovative route planners allow you to customise your journey to suit your budget, your fitness, and make the most of what’s on offer.
Our baggage transfers come with a concierge service, supplying essentials such as a replacement phone charger or a blister pack; or arranging a bouquet of flowers for that special occasion.
For More details
Questions? Need more details?
Call (44) 0118 4664007